Thursday, January 26, 2012

UGH!

Not every run is good. When your legs hurt and you wince at every step, it is not a good run. I got one mile in on a treadmill.

I say I should have run outside, like it would have made a difference. Maybe it would have, maybe it would not.

It was nice outside and I chose the treadmill. Reasoning : I can work on my speed running a preprogrammed mph. Good in theory. However, the pains in my legs said to stop. Now I will never know if an outside run would have had the same effect. All I can say is that it is getting more and more difficult to run on a treadmill.

I love the outdoors. No matter the temperature. I have to start to plan better to get quality runs outside during the week. I will never make it to 13.1 if I am only able to run on the weekend. I need more runs like Tuesday night.

I am now going to enjoy some quiet time with my kiddos and maybe do some strength work later. I have been slacking on that too. Whatever else happens tonight I am going to try to remain positive.

* I think it IS shin splints! *how can this be?

No comments:

Post a Comment