Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a Quick Lunch Run

Honest!

All I intended to do was head over to the gym and get in 2 miles on the treadmill. Really!

Here is what ACTUALLY happened:

I got over to the gym, and got to my treadmill. It is the newest one we have at JWCC. TRUE brand and has the easy buttons that let you program pace and it picks up speed without you having to hold or continuously press the button to ramp up the speed. I think I started out at 6.5 mph. It felt pretty good, so I sped up a bit, then a bit more and a bit more. I was at about 7.2 mph when I got done... 30 minutes and 3.42 miles later!

I find it amazing that I can go from a disastrous run to THIS! It was just the pick-me-up I needed! Last night I got little to no sleep. It was a bad night of insomnia. I had a feeling that if I could just get 2 miles in I would feel refreshed. Well, I feel totally energized now!

When I got finished my friend in the office over there gave me a homemade granola bar. Simply delicious! She got it from the September issue of RunnersWorld. I can't wait to get the current issue. She has hers already, so I am waiting ever so impatiently for mine to arrive...

I really can't wait to get the actual training started for the 1/2 marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment