Monday, January 16, 2012

Saturday was GREAT!

I decided to take advantage of a warm-up in temps and head out for a run. I got up to a brisk 28! I got my hands on a Balaclava made by UnderArmor. I knew it would keep me warm as I have used UnderArmor since October. I still need to work on what to wear when I go out though. I had pants on over the tights, that was a mistake. I did not need the second layer, even at 28. I also had a jacket on over top of my UnderArmor shirt. Again, not needed. In spite of the clothing issues, it was a great run! I headed out without a concrete time or distance in mind. Sometimes this makes for the best experiences. I was just out to have a bit of fun! And fun it was! I started out from my house and headed down to the Illinois Veteran's Home. I love running around there. It is very beautiful, even with snow covering things. My dad lived there for a short time before he passed, and it always makes me feel connected to him to be on the grounds again.

I used iMapMyRun to track this run. Here is a look at my stats:

Split    Time      Distance   Pace(AVG)
1       00:09:00      1.0 mi      08:58
2       00:09:45      1.0 mi      09:43
3       00:09:15      1.0 mi      09:15
4       00:07:30      1.0 mi      07:29
5       00:03:31      0.4 mi      09:08
Sum 00:41:53      4.4 mi      09:33

Overall, I'd say this was a pretty good run. Mostly consistent. It felt great to just be out, and you can see that reflected in the numbers. I wish every run felt this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment