Monday, January 16, 2012

I am starting to get mad at myself for this...

I guess when you are short on motivation, it shows!

I had to keep talking myself into running today. I needed to get my long run in, and the day was PERFECT! I think it was in the mid 50's when I went out. How could a person NOT want to run in that?!?! I'm still trying to figure out what is going on...

So, I get to South Park, and get my tunes going, then get my app started... Things are looking good at this point. I am really glad I got out.

I got 3.5 good miles in to some really good tracks and felt on top of the world. Then, for some reason unknown to me, my music quit playing. I also felt that I was slogging thru the sand. Take a quick look at my stats: (I promise I won't do this often!)

        Split                Time                                        Distance                           Pace (AVG)

100:09:051.0 mi09:03
200:08:581.0 mi08:56
300:09:191.0 mi09:18
400:10:061.0 mi10:04
500:10:111.0 mi10:09
600:01:490.2 mi10:18
Summary00:49:375.2 mi09:35


Yep. Every mile got longer and longer. That is the exact opposite of how we are supposed to go, is it not? I guess I started out too ambitious to make this a good run. Oh, I forgot to mention that my goal here was 6 miles or a little more. It was supposed to be a long run day, and my last long was 6.

So, yeah, the more I analyze today's events, the more I get mad at myself. I feel like a quitter. As soon as I lost the music, I lost my mojo. AND THAT'S NO EXCUSE! *sigh*

I am going to stop beating myself up now. I shouldn't expect every run to be Zen. There is always the next one.

Something I am happy about is that I have increased my mileage for the last two weeks. 12.5 the first week and 14.4 ending Saturday. This week I have 5.2 already, so just a couple more of these and I will be set for another small increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment