Sunday, January 29, 2012

3 Easy miles today!

I went ahead and treated today as I will now start treating any other Sunday. I went for a recovery run, of sorts.  It was beautiful outside today, but I was (and still am) feeling kind of yucky. I have a sore throat, mild cough, and a somewhat runny nose. I figured that an easy run would be good for me on many levels. This time, instead of wearing my Reebok Realflex shoes, I wore a pair of Capezios. Yep, they are dance shoes. They are all I have available at this time to give me a barefoot feel and still have "shoes" as required by the Y.

There they are. Super flexible. Super light. Dance shoes are though. They have been a lot of fun to run in. I generally only go 15 minutes in them. They do work the leg muscles in a very different manner. ALSO they make my knee feel AMAZING! I am working on getting a "real" pair of barefoot shoes. They do not sell anything like that here in this small town of Quincy, in which I live.

I got to work on my form. I ran for 30 minutes. I only went 3 miles. I am A-OK with all of this! My only perceivable goal for the Half Marathon is to complete it, running the entire 13.1 miles.

I am sure that correcting my form by occasional use of this technique will help in that goal. I tend to remind myself to land properly more often now that I am getting the feel of this natural stride! It makes me feel like a kid again. I used to go everywhere possible barefoot and as quickly as possible!

I would like to get back to bare this summer. We shall see...

~Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. I love the deeper understanding I get when you write about running, and how well you describe how the difference feels to you in specific ways when you use dance shoes vs running shoes. excited to hear your developments toward the half marathon as well as running barefoot again :)

    ReplyDelete