Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So many questions!

SO, I ran pretty fast on Sunday during the race... Faster than I though I could go! I decided to take it easy on my Monday run. Make it a recovery run because my muscled needed it. Well...

I took off work as I usually do and got ready to run. I started at South Park and did a nice 4.15 loop through the park and residential area. I really felt that I was just going at a slow easy pace. I was aiming for 8:45 to 9 per mile. It turned out that I went 4.15 miles in 34:55, giving me a pace of 8:25.

I do not understand it. I think I need someone to teach me to run slow. :) I did feel like I was taking it easy, so i guess that is ok, right? An easy run is supposed to feel easy. I didn't even kick it going up the hills yesterday, like I usually do. 8:25 is also fairly close to what my pace was for the 8-miler last Saturday.

As I run, I try to get my footfalls to coincide with my inhalations and exhalations. I was aiming for a pattern of slow intake and 3 strikes, and the same for exhale. That worked for a little while. It ended up falling back to my standard pattern of two and two. I did manage to get it back to threes for a bit, but it went back to twos. I have no idea what I am doing... All I can ever say for certain is that I love being out there.

I am going to try again today to run slower. Just for giggles, even though today is "scheduled" to be a tempo day. I honestly do think I need someone to teach me to run slow. It may help in the long run (HA! punny) to be able to run at a much slower pace from time to time.

~Happy Running!


1 comment:

  1. I love hearing your thoughts and how you felt that it was an easy run even though your time told a different story. Keep going with your gut!

    ReplyDelete