Thursday, March 22, 2012

I forgot to mention...

How much I missed and LOVE my Foam Roller! If you have never tried using one, please do so now! I mean now! My blog will be here when you get back! :)

I went out again today for a 5am run. It was great! I went up to 24th and back on Locust, sticking to the better lit areas. This was a slightly longer route than yesterday. I got started and was just a touch chilly. That's what I get for running in shorts and a sports bra with just a reflective vest on top right? Wee, I must say it was just about perfect! The vest is obnoxious, but safe, so I wore it. I even remembered my head lamp today. I really did get hot, and started sweating. I have to find a better hat or sweatband... The sweat was dripping into my eyes. THEN... it started to sprinkle a bit, for the last 1.2 miles. It was like running through a mist. It sure helped cool me down and man, did I need that!

I am back to simply loving a run! More on the foam roller: I love that thing! I got back to the house yesterday and today and the first thing I did after getting a drink was to get out the roller and use it on all of my leg muscles that have been giving me issues, and some that weren't. Basically my whole leg got rolled. MAN, I need to keep one with me at all times to get a good roll wherever I happen to be when I am done running. I stretched after and feel great! Well, all except for my right knee and ankle.

I hit a raised section of road and my leg did not move correctly. It didn't hurt at the time, but I knew it felt wrong. As the day had progressed, my leg had been acting up. I used my TENS unit on it, and have iced it. I will rest, elevate and ice it more once I am home for the night.Tomorrow will be more rest, as Friday's always are.

Saturday will be another tough day for me. I will be running with Trista again (YAY!), and we always seem to go full throttle. I am going to attempt to get my tracks going to get me at the desired pace. That's the plan at this point. I may have it in just one ear, so I can still hear and talk with her and whoever else is in the group. I don't want to go under a 9min mile, so wish me luck!

~Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you got to run through a mist, I bet that was really awesome as a cooldown. Good job on being safe, and Im glad youre enjoying the morning runs!

    ReplyDelete