Saturday, March 10, 2012

8 miles!!!

Well, ok, it may have just been 7.8, but close enough for me. There was a discrepancy between what the route showed and what the GPS watches said. I was running with guys that had Garmins on. (I really want one of them!)

Here is what MapMyRun gave for a summary today: 8.08 miles; 1:07:30; 8:21min/mi Ave Pace; 803 cal burn. I think I ran the course as mapped out online, but like I said, the GPS was telling a different story.

Start at gas station entrance of Hyvee, go to north entrance of south park, run through long loop of south park and exit at east entrance of south park, turn right onto to 12th street and continue onto cherry lane, turn left onto wilmar dr, turn left at Harrison st then turn right onto 20th st, turnaround at 20th and grove ave.


That is the course description from the map online as well. It is what I did... Oh well. Like I said, I need a Garmin! :)


Anyway, the run itself was AMAZING! We were asked to run faster (or at least make it look different) as we passed cemeteries and on Harrison. That was a total of 6 speed ups. I did my absolute best. I think the only one I didn't do, was the first because I forgot and was concerned with crossing the street safely! I stayed with some of the same people as usual, which makes sense, I guess, as we seem to have the same pace. I think it is easier for them than it is me, but I keep telling myself that I am still new! 


The course today was really relatively flat, minus South Park. But, hey, that's my park! I got it mastered! I really do love the hills there! :) Everyone in the group is AMAZING! I really wish I could get my schedule so that I can run with some of them more often. I think there is a group that runs Tuesday nights. I need to get hooked up with them and get out with them. 


I made the decision today that I WILL run a full marathon. It may not be this year, but I can only hope for it to be next year! 


I got done today and was feeling the best I have in a long time. The physical run, the emotions, the people. It all came together in me to center me and give me such a sense of peace and balance. 


I have some thinking to do about some things that occurred to me while I was on that long run. I love it!


~Happy Running! 

{edited to add pics!}


Why do my feet look so close together?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you, what a great description of the course and how you felt. I love hearing how good all of it made you feel! *HUG*

    ReplyDelete