Sunday, March 18, 2012

Absolutely Fabulous!

That's just how i feel!

The added rest day combined with a couple of slow runs has put a smile back on my face!

Yesterday we went for 9 as a group. I decided that I needed to run slower than usual. My friend Barb always comes in behind me, so I picked her to run with. What a great decision! I did kinda mess up and leave her in the first half, but I waited for her at the aid station and finished with her. We ran for 1:33:05 for a pace of 10:15 or something like that. It was a beautiful day to be out. It was a great day of great conversation. I actually had problems running that slow. I had to think about it every step. It was worth it though. That really was a day of training for me. I learned so much about running!

Today was awesome too! I did run a faster pace than yesterday, but still slower than my normal. I went 4 miles in 37:24 which gives a 9:21 per mile pace. Very nice for an easy run. I think this is what I am going to shoot for next Saturday also. I was directed to jog.fm and LOVE that website! I can find songs that I like and are the right bpm for my pace! I have been looking for something like that forever! It was the key to running the right pace today. One great part of that site is that you can copy the created playlist to Spotify. I just recently got introduced to that one as well. I really dig that they work so well together. My gear is improving and all I had to do was download a program to my phone! I have a few that work well, and this one is just the icing!

I cannot stress how beautiful today was! The weather was AWESOME! I looked at the forecast and saw what the temps were for this afternoon and knew that it would be too hot to enjoy it as much. Can you believe it is the middle of March and I had to run early in the day to avoid the heat? This is amazing weather! I am sure that tomorrow will be a HOT run, but I am prepared (almost) to run in just a sports bra and running skirt. I will have to see how I feel tomorrow. I am fighting with "feeling fat" and have to deal with that mental issue at some point.

So, my plan at this point is to go ahead and run tomorrow and take Tuesday off. I am going to run back to back Wednesday and Thursday, if I feel up to it. Then rest again on Friday for my next long run on Saturday.

~Happy Running!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you're learning, and I'll have to work on a playlist related to bpm, that's really awesome. Thinking of you as you plan your running week :)

    ReplyDelete