Sunday, April 22, 2012

Swimming and Cycling

Swimming

I am hoping it isn't too late to get signed up for swimming lessons. The classes start this Saturday. I feel this is an important step for me. I am not really afraid of water, but am not entirely comfortable in anything above my chest. This will help with that, and I will have a new skill and exercise opportunity available. I really am looking forward to it.

Cycling

So far, the one time I tried wasn't terrible. The equipment was old and wobbly, but the pedals ran smooth. I was able to spend 19minutes 12seconds on it and I went 5 miles in that time. My foot started to ache, and I promised I would keep the pain level down, so I gave myself the 5 mile goal and just left it at that. I did work up a sweat and that felt good. 

I was hoping to get back to one today, but after going out last night, it doesn't feel great. I wore high heels last night ans was able to walk "normally" for the first time in a week and a half! I was shocked! I still limp around a bit when wearing normal shoes, but will test it again tomorrow by wearing the heels to work. I will have a spare pair of shoes with me in case it doesn't work well this time. It is definitely a question for the doctor. The height allows my Achilles to shorten, but i don't know if that is a good thing or not. I want to be able to walk normally barefoot! 

~Happy Running to those who still can!~

1 comment:

  1. I think the swimming lessons are a great idea, and will give you more options for exercise. And I'm glad the bike gave you a decent workout and that you were able to walk comfortably in heels! Curious about what the doc says about that, and how to help you be more comfortable in bare feet and lower heeled shoes. As always, great to understand your perspective. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete