Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Another week done pt 2: Saturday and Sunday

Saturday

OMG! I got to FLEET FEET!!! I was like a kid in a candy store!!! Total sensory overload here! WOW!

I went ahead and let the gal that greeted us do a fitting. I figured since I came all that way, I better get it done! All I am going to say about that part of it, is that the computers don't always know what's what. I really do not like the big bulky shoe and think they hinder my running. Laura tried to get me into a stability shoe, said it looked like I needed it. I ended up happy with the Brooks Pure Flow I have now (as she was recommending the cadence) and impressed her with how well my form was in the New Balance Minimus. HA! I love those things! I can't wait to start my training in them! I got a few other things that I have been searching for. The only thing I am upset about is the sleeves I got were too big. I am hoping to make a return trip there soon and get that fixed. I am tall, but my arms are apparently skinny. I am not a "large" anything! LOL

Ok, and here I point out that my ankle was sore. I mentioned it to the shoe fitter. Nothing was said further or done about it. My ankle continued to bother me every now and again that day.

I had a great day with Trista. I wish our schedules meshed better and we could run together more often. 

I ended up staying up close to 24 hours. See what happens when I miss my Saturday morning run?? I got to bed a little after 5 am and got back up at 8 on Easter morning.

Sunday

Sunny Easter Sunday! I put on my capris and a tank for this one. I figured it would be a good day to try my new sleeves. yup, too big. They really bugged me. I had to take them off about halfway thru the run, but that was also because I felt warm. Man, this was a great run. I got started pretty much when I knew I should to make it on time. I had 5 miles planned and was figuring it would take about 45 minutes to do it. I got done in 42!!! What an awesome time! I haven't run that far that fast for a LONG time! I really felt that I was BACK! Until later in the day when my ankle started acting up again. Here's a quick route summary: I started on Locust at 4th street. I went down Locust to 12th and turned here to Seminary. I took that up to 18th and ran on 18th until I hit Vermont. (I think that's right. One block past Broadway) Then I took out to 24th street. Here's where I think I ran into trouble. As I go down 24th I get close to State Street. I ran on a super crooked sidewalk. It was slanted towards the road. It didn't feel good to be there at all. I should have trusted my gut and got off of there and went to the road. The reason I didn't is that the intersection is busy and I didn't like the feel of traffic at that point. Well, I got past there and went down to Jefferson and came back to 18th. I took that down to Payson where the in-laws live. That was another spot that got me. I was going down 18th and was ready to cross over to be on the "wrong" side of the road, which would be closer to the finish point. I turned to check traffic and set my foot down just wrong. I jumped off that foot quickly, turning to run right again, and just jogged the block until the cars passed. OUCH! Man, I hate my tendons! I seem to be weak in the tendons all over my body. The run was great though, really. I didn't feel any pain until I got home and settled down.

Monday

I got out of bed Monday and had trouble walking! This is not a good development. Also, Ian is sick and needs to go to the Walk-in Clinic. Oh what a day! I took Ian in, and we sat for 2 hours before even being seen. Poor kid. He had the beginning of an ear infection to go along with upset lungs from allergies. He had been so good for so long, I got him a fast food lunch he loves, and headed home to eat. Now, My ankle is still killing me. But when I am up and moving longer it stops hurting. I take the kids to the park. We walk there. It is just about a half mile just to get to the park. Zachary had been wanting to run, and I know I'm not really up to much myself today, but I put on my Minimus anyway, just in case. I played the part of coach and told Z I wanted him to run 2 laps, walk one and then run one more. This ends up being just over a mile. I ran the last of his laps with him, just to figure out how far he went. It is .28 miles and I did it in 2min18sec! The only other running I did that day was to chase after a child that was getting too far away from us. Again, I say, I didn't hurt while I was running. I hurt AFTER. By the time I got home I could actually see that my ankle was swollen. I wrapped it with pre-wrap, all I had handy.

(more in the next post)

~Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment