Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why did I chicken out?

Why did I chicken out and stay in on a treadmill on such a beautiful day?

Well, Maybe it was because this head cold is traveling to my lungs and I just trusted the stationary-ness of a treadmill. I could list a dozen reasons, but that one rings most true. even though I almost regretted it afterwards. It was rather nice outside yesterday, but really windy where I am. No real worries. I got my 3 miles in. I felt good doing it. I felt good after. 2 hours later... I needed sleep; lots and lots of sleep.

Before the training started I generally only ran 2 days back to back and kept it at 3-4 a week. I ran 4 days in a row! 15.48 miles. WOW! I am TIRED! I am taking this day to rest. I have no doubt that my body will grow accustomed to this schedule. People are very adaptive. It was just my misfortune to acquire a head-cold during this first week. I pushed through every day on the schedule and got my mileage in. Today it says CT or REST. I do not feel bad at all about resting. It is needed.

Even with my body rebelling against me today, I am already looking forward to tomorrow's run. I just hope the nice weather hold out and I can get outside in the sun. I have a 3 mile loop mapped that I can do from the office. I would much rather not run in the rain, but I can still head out in the cold. The sun helps. I really enjoy running in the sun. :)

I can't wait for Saturday to get here! I really am looking forward to a group run. It will be as exciting as race day for me, I'm sure! I love getting the chance to engage with other runners and swap stories!

~Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment