Saturday, February 25, 2012

What an amazing group!

I can't stress enough how much I LOVE the group runs on Saturday mornings! Today we pushed out 6 miles and I felt like I could have gone 1 more after we finished.

Things started out with a small group prayer for the second week. I think that really helps me! I started out chatting with our "Commander" and it was great! She floats around and talks to different people during the whole run, and I love that. I found a couple of great people to run with after about the first mile. It was great talking about things we have in common.

When we hit the 3 mile marker, which today was the turn around cone, they had GU for us to try. I must say I wasn't impressed. The flavor wasn't great, but the worst part for me was the texture. I am very thankful they have these things for us to try during our training. I found something else at the grocery store to try next week. Next week will be my biggest miles to date! I can't wait! Anyway... After the turn around, I found a different set of runners to fall behind. These guys are great! I think they run together often. I stayed behind them until we got to the last turn and headed back up the final 4 blocks.

This is where things got fun! They didn't want to get "Chicked"... and the race was ON! Well, for a block... Then it was on again! I sprinted the last 2.5 blocks with this guy. I really need to learn the names of those 3. We raced to the finish, and Doug took our picture. If I find it online, I will add it to this post. It was amazing! I am sure he was smiling as much as I was. I am still smiling NOW just thinking about it! We both forgot to turn off our timers at the end.

It was that "high" that reminds me why I run, and why I race. There is a feeling of Euphoria when you give it your all and just GO! I need to enter a race sometime SOON!

Edit!
Here is the PIC!


~Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment