Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I think this blog is the hardest part!

I have gone on 3 runs since my last post!

Sunday was FUN!

I had to make a few detours around red lights to keep moving. I really don't like to stop at an intersection an wait to cross. I just turn and head down the block until I have a clear path at a different corner. What was intended as a 3 mile run turned into a 3.58 mile run. Heehee! I was an easy, fun, and exciting run. I need to do that more often. You know, just go out and take random turns and see what sort of path it creates and just run til I can't run anymore!

Monday in South Park!

I met up with my buddy Trista again in South Park after work. We both needed to unwind from a stressful Monday. This was a great way for us both to do that. We talked about anything and everything that popped into our minds. Up until the last half mile that is... Then we stepped up our pace a bit and weren't as able to talk. Man it was great.

Here is what I posted to facebook: Had a great run this afternoon. It's always better with a buddy. Love to chat along the way. It males 4 miles just FLY by. We were done before I "thought" we should be. Sometimes I lose my time-sense while running and I love that. It is absolutely enjoyable.

I still get happy little smiles thinking about it. We connected through a very unfortunate even tin my life, but share a passion for running and I count her as one of my best friends. We can go days without talking, but always have this.

Today was a "Fred" run. I forgot to pack my UnderArmor top, so I opted to use the treadmill next door to run and not freeze my arms and chest! It was actually pretty nice. There are times when it helps to have your pace controlled and you can just zone out to tunes. I never wear headphones when out on the road, so treadmill time is it for music.

That is 4 days in a row of running again. I feel better this week than last. I am so happy.

OH! Did I describe Saturday???! I still can't! It was absolutely amazing! There is a "group" on facebook for the training group. I simply LOVE it. I can post things in there and be understood! I cannot tell you how much that means to me as I am not surrounded by a family of runners. Things happen to runners that "normal" people have never heard of!

Take today for instance: my post: piriformis!!! oh, for the love of a tennis ball!!! ;) Was COMPLETELY understood and others have had the same issue. I really felt that I belonged! I know this is where i need to be right now!


I love running. I love life. Thanks be to God!


~Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment