Wednesday, February 22, 2012

PICS! I finally have pics of me running!


I actually like one of them!

First I will start with one that isn't great, but has a lot to say:

A not happy slouchy runner on the right (ME)

A not happy slouchy runner on the right (ME)
WOW! Just look at that form! UGH! That's me on the right. With the white shades. So slouched. It's no wonder I felt like I was slogging thru the run that day. It was only 4 miles! That was also the day it was -3 with wind chill. Can you tell by how were are dressed? I have leggings under the pants... Can't say enough good about UnderArmor! 36m42s for 4 miles. 9:11 per mile. OK, not REALLY a bad time, but OH MY! I felt awful! I am trying to remember what I did before that run, so as to NOT duplicate it! It could have just been the cold though that did me in. 

I can't remember now what all I said about that day... Safe to say I am glad that day is over and in the books!




Now... If you would please turn your attention to this pic:

A Happy Runner! (ME!)
Form is MUCH better and look! That smile looks MUCH happier! Well, to me it does! This was grabbed RIGHT before I shed that outer coat. Such a beautiful morning for a run, that was. I was beginning to overheat a bit. I did these 5 in 42:38. That's 8:26per! So, yeah, I'm going with temperature being a major factor in how well I run.

I was off work on Monday and got my run started later than I had planned. Granted, it was earlier than most Monday runs... It was about 11:30, but the weather was BEAUTIFUL!  I was in South Park again for a nice 4 miler. I managed to get it done in 34:01 for an 8:31per. Clocked 36degrees and sunny. Seems to be just about perfect for me. I tried a different app for tracking thru GPS. It didn't work either. Said I went 3.67 and the map was seriously skewed. I think that park is bad for GPS. So many trees! It is beautiful though, and they have already measured it, so I did know I hit my 4 miles. It is my favorite Monday run. Next time I am going to push myself and head the other direction and fight that steep hill.


End of pics! I hope to have another after next Saturday's run. If I'm lucky Doug will get me again.

OK!!! Tuesday!!! I was in a tank and capris! How often can you say that in the mid-west in February!

I may bore some of you with stats, but I love numbers! I went 3.2 in 27:14. That's another run of 8:31per!! It seems to be a golden pattern. I feel powerful and amazing! It was 52degrees and WINDY! It was a great day to run, and I thought I'd try a different route. Well, it was great up until I came across a loose dog... in a sweater! Why was the dog in a sweater? Why was it running loose? I can't answer wither, but it sure irked me! After encountering the dog, I went back to my previous path. I had mentioned before that I tend to stay out of neighborhoods, just for the fact that there could be a dog. I like dogs. Just not loose dogs when I am running! You never know if they are going to decide to attack you or just bark obnoxiously. Thankfully this dog just barked and stopped approaching me when I yelled at it.

Today is a rest day, so I decided to get caught up on this blog. I may only be here every other day or so. Life is busy. I love it!

~Happy Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment