Friday, February 24, 2012

56 degrees in February in Illinois!

YES PLEASE! I should have run in shorts!

What an absolutely beautiful day! I had it in my mind to go out for a slow run yesterday to just enjoy the weather and have a calm, peaceful run-ch, reflecting on all that is right in the world. You really can see the glory of God in all that exists on a day like yesterday!

Best intentions, aside... I ran 2.97 in 23:34. My best time yet! I do wonder, though, the accuracy of the run. I have yet been able to have GPS track me from my office.

I really couldn't help myself. Once I got off campus and hit Harrison, I just hit a steady pace and kept it up. I match my stride to my breathing and just kinda go. I feel like a machine at times. Everything moving like clockwork. At the same time, I feel nothing like a machine. I feel fluid and effortless; like I was designed perfectly for running. Everything moves just as it was designed and nothing hurts! 2 strikes, inhale; 2 strikes, exhale; repeat until finished. Well, in my case, it is repeat until the last quarter mile, then hit the afterburners :) My boss was able to see me come up the hill for my finishing stretch , and he commented on how fast I was moving. Long, sure strides.

Pure Joy!

~Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment