Saturday, February 18, 2012

Many more miles unwritten

But first!! My training log shows 102.6 miles since January 1! WOW! ( and a few more since I wrote that, as I got interrupted while writing)

Today we went 5 miles as a group. The weather was PERFECT!  A few of us started out with prayer. That really added to the beauty of the day for me. It was a really great run. I ran a bit faster than I "should" have. :) 5 miles in 42:38. One of my fastest runs, but I have always loved 5 and 6 mile runs (since I discovered them) and can't wait to try more!

I told myself that I would blog my miles. I am having a harder time doing that than I had anticipated.

This week I decided to really push myself on my 3 milers. I did! Thursday was the BEST! I went 3 in 23:35!!! I can't believe it. I was fairly well toast when I got done, but it was needed. I have had a really awful week. Work has been somewhat stressful, and home has been VERY stressful. We have a sick cat. Not sure which one is sick, but it makes for a mess of a day.

Last Saturday was the COLDEST run I have ever been on. It was 15 degrees outside, I think, but -3 with windchill. Thankfully the group has veteran runners who give tips on how to dress. Thankfully I had my under armor balaclava also! That thing is fantastic. I went quite a bit slower last week than I normally do, and I am blaming the cold. :)

Tomorrow Ian has a baseball camp. He is excited! I hope that I feel he is under good enough care that I can sneak off for a recovery run. In the afternoon, I am going to go to a Zumbathon. Yup, 2 hours of Zumba to benefit Healthy Hearts.

Busy days...

~Happy Running


No comments:

Post a Comment