Monday, June 25, 2012

Should have stayed with 100 mile goal...

 And now I am going back to that goal. Next month I will shoot for 150, then maybe 200 the following month. This is silly! I had a bad week, and then did too much in one day when I did go back to the gym, that I may have set myself back some more on the road to healing. I did get on the bike twice instead of 4 times. Got 12 miles each time. I am now at a grand total of 67.2 miles for June. I guess that is better than nothing.

I have been up on the elliptical! That is fabulous! I mean it just feel wonderful to be STANDING! My first time up was on Friday. I did 30 minutes plus 2 for cool-down and went 2.94 miles! That is a pace of 10:53 per mile. Some people run that! I feel amazing having accomplished that! I felt so good that day that I went to the bike for 30 minutes as well. (OOPS!) I felt ok afterwards. Most of the day. I even went swimming and did 50 "laps" in the backyard pool. I had a very productive and active day. It wasn't until that night that I started feeling not so great in the foot. We went to the Blues in the District for a bit, and walking there wasn't great. the sidewalks are canted and uneven. That is never a good combo for me and my boot.

I took Saturday off, sort of. This was finally the Big Day for my boys. They were both on their first race! Zachary had been training for a 5k and he went out and did it! 29:10 was his official time. 8th in his division, although he was the 2nd 14 year old to cross the finish. That made him feel MUCH better about it. I think he plans to keep running and sounds excited at the prospect of Cross Country as well as Track & Field next year in school. I just hope he keeps running to maintain an active lifestyle.

Ian also ran Saturday! I am so proud of that kid! He never before ran that long or that far. He went an entire mile in 9 minutes 41 seconds! Super time for a 5 year old with little to no prior training. (That's totally my fault!) This injury has made it hard to even WANT to get him outside. That is horrible of me, I know. I am going to be better about that, too.

There has been a LOT of soul-searching throughout this adventure with the fracture...

I have been having a lot of fun swimming also. I know it isn't much really, but I do "laps" in a 24ft backyard pool. I do at least 50 and usually try for more. I have done 100, 50 , then 60 on the days I have gone swimming. That amounts to 2400 feet, 1200 feet, then 1440 feet. I'm not sure how swimming is usually measured, but I can swim 480 feet in roughly 5 minutes. I really want to get to a standard pool and see if I can even swim one real lap. Excited to try something new. I have been sticking outdoors because the kids love it. I may take them to the Y to swim indoors, but would feel better with another adult to keep an eye on them (to go along with the lifeguards).

A friend of mine just bought a bike. I can't wait to be released to ride outside!

All in all, things are looking better again, but I don't want to jinx it...


~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment