Monday, June 18, 2012

3 more weeks *sigh*

I was hoping to be out of the boot and moving forward by now. Well, I guess I am still moving forward, as I have been released to get out of the boot at home from time to time. I have also been given exercises to do to start getting the Achilles moving again. I also got exercises for my right foot as well, since I seem to have acquired plantar fasciitis. YAY! ?!?!?

I have to admit the right foot exercises are kinda fum. I get to pick up marbles with my toes and put them in a cup. Then I get to scrunch a towel under my foot. Yeah, I get to play! The other stuff isn't as much fun, but I will do it. I have to get better.

I have 19 days left until the Hannibal Cannibal. It was supposed to be a 10k run for me, but with the injury, I bumped it to a 5k walk. I have what SHOULD BE 18 more days in the boot. I told the doc I would walk the Cannibal in the boot if I needed to!

For the next week, I am to get out of the boot and try a shoe at HOME 3-4 times a day, still using the boot in public and for daily activities. During this time, it is still ok to get on the spinner and get my exercise done. Next week I am cleared to try using the elliptical. Boot to the machine, work out, then back in the boot. same as with the bike, just finally trying a different exercise. On the 29th, I am to call the Doc and give him a status report. I am really hoping and praying that everything works as it should. If it does, I will be able to begin tapering out of the boot the next week, just in time for the Cannibal!

I know I need to be thankful for all that I have and can still do, but I am fighting depression. I want to run again. I miss it. I want to get out on the road. I want to get on the bike I had repaired, with the helmet and computer that just arrived. I am just plain ready for the outdoors.

The things I NEED to dwell on are as follows:
  1. I swam 2400 feet in my in-laws pool. That is really good cardio. I need to get in a lap pool. That will really get me in shape.
  2. I am still able to ride the bikes at the Y, as long as they work. I have been having BAD luck with that. The spinner style bikes are the ones that do not hurt me, and they are habitually broke! I report it constantly. 
  3. I am not gaining as much weight as I feared, and think some of THAT is related to the addition of weight-lifting. I feel stronger already, and DON'T plan to give that up any time soon.
  4. My kids are interested in getting fit as well. They both like to do different parts of my workouts with me.
I am fairly derailed on my fitness goal of 200 miles in June. I have 2 weeks left and 150+ miles to go. I guess I should have kept with 100... If I go 8 more times in the next 2 weeks I will need 18.75 miles each ride to make it. We shall see... Most of my problem is the Y with the non-functioning bikes.

I am cracking down on myself again, after the pity-party I threw all weekend. I didn't do ANYTHING after I saw Dr Biggs on Friday. That did not do any good, and really just made things worse, to be honest. I am once again filled with determination. I will get myself where I want to be. I will get back on my feet. I will conquer this.

I will.

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting!~


No comments:

Post a Comment