Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Goal Failed. New Hope!!!

Totally failed on getting even 100 miles in on the spinner. I'm okay with that. Really. I am. My foot hasn't felt this good in a LONG TIME! I am very happy about that. As you know, I need my foot to heal in order to get back to running. This is a good thing we have here!

I am still looking to start the P90X on September 1st. My 34th birthday. I am hit and miss on the core work and upper body stuff, but I am changing that now. It is time to redo my chart and get in the groove. I am going to find out what lower body work I can do that won't hurt my healing. Squats may finally be okay again. I know I have lost a lot of tone in my lower body. It will take some time to get it back, but I am going to do it.

I am not currently setting any specific fitness goal. I know that is bad. But the goal right now is just to get my foot back to 100%. I figure it will be October before I can actually run again. In the meantime, I plan to get a release to hop on my bike and get some road miles in. that poor thing has been waiting on me since April!

I've been playing phone tag with the Doc since Friday... I hope I get to talk to him today.

*UPDATE!*

Doc finally called me at quarter to 7 last night. That man must be very busy! He is ok with me being out of the boot. I assured him I have been doing the stretches for my heel. I am to keep up with the elliptical, bike and everything. He said "With a stress fracture like this, it is best to sprint before you run and run before you walk". WOW! I don't quite feel ready for that yet, but it appears I will be back to running sooner than I thought.

So for the time being, I will just keep chugging away. Tuesday and Thursday will be the days I attempt the elliptical. Monday and Wednesday on the bike. Maybe I can actually get outside soon. I should be ok, but I forgot to ask about that. I think it will be ok to try just because my foot is feeling good, and I will NOT be slamming my foot down in any case when I stop.

Fridays I will still try to at least play in the backyard pool and do my itty-bitty short laps. It is still something. I am going to admit here publicly (or to the few who read it) that I am still scared to go to the Y pool. The deep end makes me nervous. I know I should get over that, but, well... Yeah...

Saturday I am heading to Hannibal for the Cannibal. Doc said to be sure to use cardio machines this week to get myself ready for that effort. OK! He did say something about jogging. I am not going to push that though, until AFTER the Cannibal at least.

Man! The urge to run is all kinds of fired up in me again!

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment