Friday, June 1, 2012

June Goal/Challenge, and an update

First a bit of an update:

I went in for an MRI on the 21st of May. Got a call the next evening! The MRI clearly showed the stress fracture. That is all is showed! YAY! Ok, not all exactly, but it showed that there was NOT the other problems the doc was worried about. I do have a touch of bursitis in that area, but that doesn't surprise me at all. I have that problem in other areas as well. I am totally clear for cycling and swimming

Since the phone call I have been doing a lot of spinning and I love it. I also used the UBE twice. I really plan to use it more, I just haven't got into a good schedule yet. That's one Goal for June: Make a Schedule to KEEP!

OK! Got that done. Here it is!:

Other particulars:
Minimum mileage on the bike: 10 each ride; shooting for 20 miles in an hour.
UBE at least 15 minutes at a time. ISO static is wonderful! (I did 15 minutes of that at 45 RPM with 110 pounds on the 23rd. Really enjoyed it!)
Also: LEARN TO SWIM! I have swimming down on Fridays as I have that day off and can hopefully get "something" accomplished at my in-laws place.
Weights: keep at max reps and increase weights as I go.
Core: Add to the routine. I need to find something else to work my back.

I have been on the bike 4 times in the past 2 weeks. That's not really enough, and I changed my schedule to reflect that. I have spun away 50.8 miles in that time though. I think I will set a target of 100 miles for the month of June. Should be easy enough, right??? I think so!

I go back to the Doc on June 15th. I hope by then I am released to try more things. He talked about the elliptical, since it is a smooth low-impact motion. Walking is in there at the beginning too, then I can finally be let loose to run again! I may be back at it by August, if all goes well. There are things I'd like to do! ;)

I'm sure there was more I planned to say, but it eludes me at the moment. To wrap up: I am still trying to get my sweat on, in one shape or another. I am still fighting weight, but am trying to retrain myself to look at other things like fitness level and clothing feel, as opposed to straight scale numbers. I mean, I AM lifting some now, and there will be some muscle built that will affect the scale.

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting!~

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read this update and see what your plan is!

    ReplyDelete