Monday, March 11, 2013

7 rainy miles!

Oh what a glorious run that was!!! 7 miles in the rain! Oh, how I do love the rain!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=a8eacfa38c&view=att&th=13d5ad91b3ce52f4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_PqzznUfdXZp_9dPBppY0r&sadet=1363028856516&sads=KhSETWDBEAdhej7hQUwY7b_0820&sadssc=1
Ok, it was just a bit short, but close enough for me :)

I am extremely happy with how my legs feel now. Running is joy again, not pain. I am sure my partner wasn't as happy as I was about the rain, but she was out there and we got it done! Our pace was just about perfect too. Almost a 9 which is what we were both aiming for. The last mile was at an 8:30. It always makes me happy to run a fast last mile!

Swimming is still a struggle though. I need to get nose plugs. I really hate the feeling of water coming in my nose and going to my throat! Maybe once I get that, I will be better withe getting my head in. I have been practicing putting my head in and breathing out, then bringing my head up to the side. It is all well and good when I am holding on the side, but as soon as I get moving, there it goes, up my nose again.

I get so darn frustrated. I am thankful for the friends I have with me at the pool. They encourage me, and reassure me that even though I only went 200m Sunday, I was indeed improving because I was working on a skill. This is the most difficult thing I have done in a long time... 

Spinning is great too! I got up to 132 rpm for the last sprint of class. So much fun! I can't wait to get my bike back out on the road again. It would be nice to get an upgrade, but I will work with what I have for now.

oh, yeah, I almost forgot (but how could I?) I did some weight work I don't usually do. Bench press. I did 8 reps at 55, 8 at 65 and 12 at 75. it was 8 then 4 more. I could not go more. That was yesterday. Today I am sore. woohoo! I need to change up my routine a bit, I am sure. It is getting stale. That happens to me after a month or so. Time to research some more and get another program worked up. Leave me some suggestions in the comments if you have any!

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting~

No comments:

Post a Comment