Monday, February 4, 2013

It's been a rough 6 months!

I just about forgot about this Blog. Lots of things have been happening over the last 6 months. I, of course, have been up and down with running. I have a chronic condition with my Achilles, but am actually seeking treatment for it now, and have been improving. I have started swimming (in a real pool), and have tried to keep up with spinning. I still lift 3-4 days a week.

Things have been really crazy. My husband got a new job in August, which coincides with the disappearance of this blog. The kids started back to school at the same time my husband had to leave for training. August 20, 2012 was the start of a brand new set of "issues".

During this time, I did manage to win 1st place in my age group at 2 separate 5k races. One in September, one in December. I worked hard at getting my speed built up, and will get back to that, once I regain my base.

I still plan to run 13.1. This year Bridge the Gap is on May 18. It is still possible that I can make it. I think the official training group only runs 3 miles in the first week, and I can still do that. I know I can allow myself to run SLOW and get the miles in. I have been feeling great with my last couple of runs, and I am sure it will continue if I keep playing it smart.

Along with running being flaky, I decided to pick up swimming in a real pool. I go to the Y 2-3 times a week to swim 500 meters. I am trying to work on getting my face in the water as I go, I know that will help. I am learning all of this on my own, and am a self-taught swimmer to this point.

I kind of have my sights set on a Sprint Triathlon in April. I have lots of friends going, and think it would be super fun!

Here's hoping I will keep this updated! I hope to get a weekly summary at least.

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment