Monday, July 16, 2012

So much has happened!

It has been almost 2 weeks since I last purged my thoughts here. I have been very busy!

I actually tried to run a couple of times! Didn't feel too bad either. Until after... UGH! 2 miles on the 11th and 2 more on the 14th. I gotta say, I have to wait a bit before I try that again. Not exactly happy about that, but I guess I have to deal with it. ;)

On a positive note: I have started a 12-week fitness program. It involves Cardio with a LOT of lifting! I am having a blast! Yesterday was the last day of week 2. I have done every exercise I was scheduled to do, except for yesterday. I decided to get on my bike and ride instead. I was supposed to do a Full Body lifting routing at the Y, but with the way by ankle felt after Saturday's run, I decided to take it easy.

I went almost 20 miles! WOW! That was the MOST fabulous ride EVER! I haven't been out on a bicycle in YEARS! Literally! I can't remember the last time I was on a bike.

So, in the past two weeks, I have started lifting, and revamped my whole cardio routine. That "plan" I posted a while ago...? Yeah, Gone... I am 100% ok with that. If there is one thing I am good at it is Changing to keep going forward. So what if I had a stress fracture? I was able to get out and ride my bike for 1 hours 20 minutes AND walk it a mile uphill back to my house. I can adapt to anything.

My thoughts got derailed...

OK! So I tried running. The swelling is not what I need, so I just have to wait longer for that. I am still bummed about not being able to run, but cycling is a great sport too! I think my doc was hoping that I would have better results with the running. I see that the stupid Achilles is still not happy and that I am fighting bursitis as well. This seems to be a common problem for me. It was a knee and an elbow at other times in my life. I am willing to bet it will keep happening to me as the years go by. I just need to learn to control it better and get the areas stronger around the weak links. In comes the weightlifting. I love it. Oh Boy Do I!?!

All in all, I am still recovering from a very big injury. I may still be in recovery for a month or more. I am okay with the thought. I do miss runner, but as a runner, I know I will get back to it. Meanwhile, I will keep myself occupied with all the other fun, fitness activities I can find.

OH YES! I am going to attempt Zumba again! I miss my Zumba family! I miss my Saturday morning running buddies too, but I will eventually find my way back!

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment