Friday, February 15, 2013

2nd week of this new plan

Has gone MUCH better than the first. Never good to start out your 1/2 Marathon training with Bronchitis! Wow, made it past that finally, though. I missed my "Long Run" last Saturday. Granted, it was only supposed to be 3 miles, it was still my long run for the week. I didn't even exercise the next day.

I didn't get back to anything until Monday. I was supposed to go 3, but got 2.5 on the treadmill and called it good. I was still having trouble breathing. I skipped Yoga, and just rested the rest of the day. I even skipped swimming Tuesday morning. I was up at 2am with a coughing fit that just would not let me get out of bed at 4:30am. I did get a 20 minute stretch session in at work, so that was nice.

Wednesday was GREAT! I got to Starbucks right when I said I would, after debating on the run or not, because of waking up coughing. I determined this was a different kind of cough, and went with it. WELL, my gps watch decided it was full and didn't track the start of my run. I am glad I noticed when I did. I got it going and ran a different route than planned because I wanted 3.4 on the watch. I'm weird like that. After getting back to Starbucks and telling that story, I was told to add at least a half mile to my run.

GREAT! I know I can run 4 miles! My speed wasn't too bad. I still felt a bit achy, and had a glorious coughing fit when I got done. HA! Not to mention the blowing of the nose that took forever and a day! That afternoon I decided to hop on the elliptical just because I was at the Y and had some time to kill. Got 35 minutes on that over a "Cross Country" course. HILLS! It even had me run it backwards for way too long! My glutes were screamin! Yeah, I loved it.

Thursday was a struggle, I admit. I wanted nothing more than to just stay home in bed. However, I promised coffee to my gym buddy. I got myself there and we warmed up a bit on the bikes, then got to lifting. Well, she did. I spent some time on the foam roller. I did a plank on a medicine ball, then went ahead and did some random lifting. Like I said, I wasn't feeling it. I really wanted to go swim, at first. Then by the time we got there, I was DONE! Of course, I did get my booty in the pool and swam a bit. I have to say it was one of the hardest sessions I had, and I only went 300m. My lungs were wrecked.

Which is weird, considering my afternoon! By noon, I was falling asleep at my desk. Thankfully, lunch perked me up a bit. By the time the Running Blazers were to meet, I was ready! We had cones donated to us to mark the 1 mile and the turnaround! I have no idea what got into me! I ran 3 miles in 25:24. the last mile was 8:07!!! I haven't done that for a long time! I am beyond thrilled!

That is why I need a pacer for tomorrow's long run. I need to figure out how to get the longer runs done in a slower pace and not let my "Happy Legs" get the best of me.

Today being a rest day, will have me doing the P90X Stretch DVD. I need it. All in all, I am happy with how training has progressed to this point. I'm not stressed that the first week had a miss, and not stressed that I was short miles on a run. I am giving it all each time. I will listen to my body and do what is necessary to get this done. Also, my new shoes seem to be the missing piece of the puzzle. I have had absolutely no trouble since I started up in them. That and the ART therapy for my Achilles. No knee pain, no Achilles pain, no pain anywhere. A runner can't ask for more!

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment