Thursday, February 28, 2013

Maybe this will become regular, too



I've been doing pretty good the past 2 weeks hitting almost all my workouts. There was one day that the snow kept me home. Since it was a lift ans swim day, I only missed the swim portion. I lifted at home, then later in the day did some yoga to make up for the lack of swimming. I know it's not the same calorie burn or cardio effort, but it did get my whole body moving.

Swimming really has me baffled. I just can't "get it". Running was easy. I feel like I was made to run. Cycling wasn't bad either. It didn't take long for me to get comfortable on the bike. Swimming, though... it is the HARDEST thing I have tried to do! I get in the pool 3 times a week on a good week. I can't get my face under! I'm positive it is a mental hang-up, but can't figure out how to get past it.

Some days I feel like quitting entirely. Just giving in to my love of FOOD. I generally get this out of my head by picturing this:

It generally does good to convince me that I am doing things I need to do. No, I may never be a good swimmer. No, I may never win a bike race. No, I may never be overall in a road race. But I can be the very best me possible. I have worked very hard to get where I am. I have worked very hard to forget the scale. I am glad I have the guts to wear a bikini to the pool. Yeah, it bugged me at first, but I got over it and got swimming.

I have to quit beating myself up for not being perfect at something as soon as I first try it. Swimming will take time. I have to learn. I have never been taught, and only know what I know from watching people. I will overcome this too, as I have overcome many different obstacles.

I mean, I can do this now for almost 4 minutes! You can certainly see how much I have lost. What doesn't show is what I have gained. It is hard to put into words just what, but when you see me, you can kind of tell. 

I am going to keep doing what I am doing. Yes, there will be days I struggle and wonder why. Yes, there will be days where I feel on top of the world and ready to attack anything. Mostly though, i just hope for days I feel good. Days when I look at my life and just enjoy.

~Happy Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Lifting~

No comments:

Post a Comment